Guilherme, Duke of Libertia
Guilherme I (German: Wilhelm I, Italian: Guglielmo I, Spanish: Guilhermo I, English: William I) is a Portuguese micronationalist and currently the first Duke of Libertia. Formerly, he occupied several political positions in the administration of the Ruthenia and was the founder of Lomellina and Northern Segacia. Although retired of most of micronational activity, he remains one of the most respected personalities of the Empire due his huge contribution.
|Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer|
|Duke of Libertia and Prince of Lomellina|
|Reign||27 February 2014 - 26 November 2014|
|Reign||2005 - 2006|
|Reign||20 December 2014 - present|
|Born||31 July 1995|
|Consort||Tânya, Duchess of Libertia|
|Andrea Francesco Guilherme Moniz Soarez Viera da Lomellina e Berenguer|
|House||Lomellina e Berenguer|
|Father||Joseph, Prince of Libertia|
|Mother||Siera, Princess of Libertia|
|Occupation||Film maker, plastic artist, photographer, graphic designer|
Born in (Saint Peter, Madeira, he is famous for his works in cinema and graphic designer, being awarded several times by specialized media and institutions. He is also the Sovereign of the Order of the Black Griffin and the Artistic Order of the Golden Sphere, being the 13rd Prince of Lomellina, nicknamed The One (Portuguese: "O Tal") by his supporters.
He was the first and last Minister-President of Ruthenia and still serves as the Karno-Ruthenian Ambassador to Portugal.
Andrea Francesco Guilherme Moniz Soarez Viera da Lomellina e Berenguer was born in July 1995 in São Pedro, Portugal, second child to his father Joseh Locio Viera and first child to his mother, Siera Moniz Veloza. He was baptized in the Church of Boa Nova in 1996, making him in the eyes of his family a Catholic Christian until is 16th birthday turning into a Deist. Andrea always developed a great interest of History since elementary school and started imagining him as a King of his own country.
Establishment of the SegaciasEdit
In the middle of 2003, Guilherme and his brother Alexandro decided to create a Kingdom in wich they could simulate a Diarchy monarchy inspired by the Principality of Andorra in wich they admired at the time. Then the two established the Great Kingdom of Segacia and founded 3 cities within the kingdom the first being Center Segacian Base where the goverment would meet and take decisions for the better of the nation. Then the Bed Highlands was founded as the monarchs royal castle, and the Green Viewpoint as a touristic spot of the kingdom. Later the government was created and a Council of Nobles was established and a representative appointed. By the end of November 2004, Segacia already had 38 citizens including the ruling monarchs.
On December 2004, the two monarchs entered in conflict. The disagreement between the two began with the debate between the laws and the type of government to be established in the Great Kingdom of Segacia. D. Guilherme I voted for an Absolute Monarchy while Alexandro II and IV supported the Constitutional Monarchy. After weeks of no common agreement both brothers created the Northern and Southern versions of Segacia, each one with the ideas of both leaders. After a year of war the result was the complete separation between the North and South dividing the kingdom into two.
Founding of LomellinaEdit
Since his teenhood he began studying the Italian culture, later, faling in love for it and started searching for his ancestry in hope of founding royalty blood. That dream came true when by the age of 18 he discovered Spanish, Italian, English and Scotish ancestry confirming it later when he inherited a castle in Villa Lomellina that belonged to the Lomellini family a branch of Andrea's ancestry. And that's when he started founding the Principality of Lomellina, selfproclaiming him it's Prince.
Prince of LomellinaEdit
Known as D. Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer after founding his principality, started claiming no-owner territories such as 3 islands in Antarctica and a colony in planet Mars, growing his influence in the micronational world.
At 8 August 2014 the Treaty of Planasia was signed for the recognition of Scandia Colles by the Union for the Claims of Extra-Terrestrial Land (UCETL) as Lomellinian territory and Lomellina gained membership in the European Community of Micronations followed by Micronational Monarchies Organization (12-08-2014), European Micronational Culture Organisation (12-08-2014) and Organization of Micronations (13-08-2014).
He signed two mutual recognition treaties for the Republic of USI and Empire of Beiwan in 16 August 2014, later in 18 August 2014, he signed another mutual recognition treaty with the Republic of Koya and an alliance with the Republic of Promesa is currently being arranged. Guilherme also founded the Order of the Black Griffin in 19 August 2014 followed by his nomination as Grand-Master of the order.
In 21 August 2014, Lomellina claims yet another martian colony, Acidalia Planitia in wich the treaty of Planatia for the UCETL recognition is currently being arranged. On 1 September 2014, he founded the Intercontinental Micronational Alliance with more 7 member states with the goal of extending Lomellina's recognition and diplomacy relations. The organization however suffered bad criticism and was forced to disistablish and turned into Castello di Valle Treaty with the same effects.
On the 20 November 2014, the Lomellinian Aristocracy proposed a government change in wich the High Chanceller Richard Abreo-Louis had complete ruling power over the aristocracy members and thus the government would change from an absolute monarchy to a constituional one. This decision didn't pleased D.Guilheme I and his family, since the prince was an open minded person and always agreed on aristocracy's decisions dispite being an absolute monarch.
This denial caused the aristocracy to protest and started an anti-absolutist campaign against the prince on the 26th November. The same day, the Lomellinian Revolt began, "crowning" Richard Abreo-Louis as the constitutional successor to the Lomellinian Throne. On the 1 December, D. Guilherme I was overthrowed by Richard Abreo-Louis after the capture of Castello di Valle, Lomellina's capital city.
After the end of the Lomellinian Revolt, Richard Abreo-Louis was crowned constitutional prince of Lomellina for 3 days. After 4 December, Richard turned the nation into a State in wich the only territorial posession was Castello di Valle, thus creating the State of Lomellina.
As for the dethroned D. Guilherme I, he exiled to the Autonomous Kingdom of the Savage Islands, wich was formed by his cousin Dom Francisco de Moniz II. After a week in exile, D.Guilherme, wich took the conclusion that he still held ruling power in Lomellina Consolato started the Duchy of Libertia within the city along with his royal family.
Chancellor of Ruthenia and Duke of LibertiaEdit
On 30 January 2015, D. Guilherme established contact with the current King of Ruthenia, Oscar of the Ruthenians with the idea of annexing Libertia into the Kingdom of Ruthenia in which the request was instantly accepted since the two were old friends. Oscar elected Guilherme as Chancellor of Ruthenia and a place between the noble Ruthenian houses in which his consort and brother are also included.
On 23 February 2015, the monarch D. Francesco Moniz II gave the rights and sovereignty of the islands to his cousin, D. Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer, the then Duke of Libertia and Chancellor of Ruthenia. The Kingdom was transformed into the Grand Duchy of the Savage Islands and annexed to the Kingdom of Ruthenia since D. Guilherme paid loyalty to the Ruthenian Monarchy. On 19 June 2015, D. Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer resigned his title of Grand Duke inheritade by his cousin due to the fact that the Portuguese Republic and de APC territorial dispute could create diplomatic, political and physical problems to the Kingdom of Ruthenia and to the Duchy of Libertia.
Eventually, Guilherme took distance of the politics, reigning over Libertia, but changing the course of his career into the arts. He became a film maker, and sometimes dedicated himself to architecture, graphic designer, photography and plastic arts.
Titles, styles, honours and armsEdit
|Monarchical styles of|
Guilherme, Duke of Libertia
|Reference style||His Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
Titles and stylesEdit
- 31 July 1995 - 27 February 2014: Andrea Francesco Guilherme Moniz Soarez Viera da Lomellina e Berenguer
- 2002 - 2005: The King-Regent of Segacia
- 2005 - 2006: The King of Northern Segacia
- 27 February 2014 - 06 August 2014: Dom Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer
- 06 August 2014 - 05 September 2014: The Prince of Lomellina, Duke of Scandia Colles
- 21 August 2014 - 05 September 2014 The Duke of Acidalia Planitia
- 05 September 2014 - 20 November 2014 The Regent of Lomellinian Galactic Empire
- 01 February 2015 - present The Duke of Libertia
- 23 February 2015 - 19 June 2015 The Grand Duke of Savage Islands
His Royal Highness, Dom Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer, Duke et Prinz of Lomellina and the Libertian Lands, Count of Berenguer and Lord of Moniz, Baron of Vieira and Count of Imvrassia.
- Grand Master of the Black Griffin's Order - 19 August 2014
- Grand-master of the Leonardian Order - 22 August 2014
- Founder of the Guilherminians - 22 August 2014
- Knight of the Royal Order of St. Stephen - 2 February 2015
- Knight of the Most Noble Order of St. Peter - 2 February 2015
- Knight of the Most Excellent Order of St. Paul - 2 February 2015
- Grand Officer of the Order of the Royal House of Ruthenia - 2 February 2015
- Grand Officer of the Order of the Ruthenian Crown - 2 February 2015
- Grand Master of the Artistic Order of the Golden Sphere - 8 February 2016
- Knight of the Order of the Edelweiss - 14 August 2016
- Lundener Civil War Intervention Medal - 12 November 2016
- Officer of the Order of Bouvet - 01 August 2017
- Honorary Pentagon Medal - 19 August 2014
- Medal of Foreign Service - 21 August 2014
- Dragon Warrior of the Order of the Lóng - 23 August 2014
- Knight of the Most Excellent Order of the Yellow Dragons - 26 August 2014
- Baron of the Most Excellent Order of the Yellow Dragons - 6 September 2014
- Knight Commander of the Order of the Imperium Abludum - 27 August 2014
- Baron Vieira - 11 March 2015
- Baron of the Vyktoryan Order - 6 September 2014
- Count of the Principality of Imvrassia - 18 March 2015
- Duke of Ledjanoj Ostrov - 20 January 2016 (nullified)
- Knight Commander of the Most Exalted and Noble Order of the Flame of Lorenzuburg - 16 February 2016
- Grand Order of the Academy Saint-Louis - 24 March 2016
- King's Day Honour of Mahuset - 26 September 2016
- Scorian Medal of Friendship - 01 September 2020
- Commander of the Third Army - August 2014
- Aide-de-camp to the Emperor of Karnia-Ruthenia - 19 November 2015
- Grand Admiral of the Imperial and Royal Navy - 3 August 2017
- Supreme Commander of the Lomellinian Armed Forces - 12 September 2014 - 1 December 2014
- Colonel of the Savage Islands Military (Savish Army) - 1 December 2014
- Admiral of the Imperial and Royal Navy - 2 March 2015 - 3 August 2017