Carl, King of Cardonia
|Carl of Cardonia|
Carl Joseph von Werzberg
05 February 2015 - 21 September 2016
31 October 2018 - 31 December 2019
Alexander, King of Cardonia
|Successor||Alexander, King of Cardonia|
06 February 2018 - 06 March 2018
20 December 2018 - 30 January 2019
|Imperial Chancellor||Michael of Appinfeldt|
Michael of Appinfeldt
(as Military Governor)
|Successor||Michael of Appinfeldt|
(as Military Governor)
Ushiku, Ibaraki, Japan
Carl Joseph von Werzberg, was the first and third Governor-General of the Concession in Hakodate, being also a Karno-Ruthenian noble. He is also the founder of the Kingdom of Cardonia, being its first and third King and older brother of Prince Clemens, Duke of Peruna.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Micronational life in Cardonia[edit | edit source]
He founded the Kingdom of Cardonia on 05 February 2015 and proclaimed himself King. He reigned until 21 September 2016, when he was deposed by Alexander of Cardonia, former Prince of Cardonia. When Alexander abdicated on 31 October 2018, Carl, previously recognized as Crown Prince, became titular King of Cardonia. He was recognized as King due the Treaty of Libenstein, that annexed Cardonia to Karnia-Ruthenia
Karnia-Ruthenia and restoration as Cardonian King[edit | edit source]
Prior to acquiring citizenship in Karnia-Ruthenia, he held some positions in various Asian micronations. After the Treaty of Hakodate, he was appointed as Governor-General of the Karno-Ruthenian Concession in Hakodate.
After a troubled month of government and numerous incidents, he was removed from the position of Governor-General of Hakodate and replaced by Michael of Appinfeldt, Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Empire. On 20 December 2018, he was reappointed to the position of Governor-General after personal rehabilitation with the Emperor and was also made Knight Third Class of the Order of the Lion.
On 30 July 2019, he was proclaimed elected with 100% of the valid votes during the Karnia-Ruthenia general election of that year, becoming the representative of the Asian-Antarctic District for the II Legislature of the Imperial Diet. He renounced his titles and positions in the late weeks of 2019, being officially removed from his official roles on 01 January 2020, being succeed as King of Cardonia by Oscar I.
Titles and styles[edit | edit source]
- 2002 - 04 February 2015: Carl Joseph von Werzberg.
- 05 February 2015 - 21 September 2016: His Royal Majesty, the King of Cardonia.
- 22 September 2016 - 31 October 2018: His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince of Cardonia.
- 31 October 2018 - 01 January 2020: His Royal Majesty, the King of Cardonia.
- 06 February 2018 - 01 January 2020: His Illustrious Highness, Carl, Count von Rostrand.
- 06 February 2018 - 06 March 2018: His Excellency, the Governor-General of the Karno-Ruthenian Concession in Hakodate.
- 20 December 2018 - 30 January 2019: His Excellency, the Governor-General of the Karno-Ruthenian Concession in Hakodate.
- 01 January 2020 - present: His Highness, the Prince of Werzberg, Count Rostrand and Lord Telex.
Full title as King[edit | edit source]
His Royal Majesty, King of Cardonia and Guardian of the Cardonians, Prince of Krizenberg, Duke of Dönhiberg, of Libenstein, of Berzena and Castellia, Duke of Hansberg, Margrave of Lindenberg, Count of Lomhenberg, of Maugaria, of Bernberg and of Trantia, Count Rostrand, Baron of Augsberg and Lord Telex.
Karno-Ruthenian decorations[edit | edit source]
- Knight Third Class of the Order of the Lion.
- Grand Master of the Order of the Black Eagle.
- Recipient of the Annexation of Cardonia Medal.