|Cross of Independence|
|Awarded by Occidian Empire|
|Awarded for||Actively persuing the advancement of Occidia or deeds which premote micronationalism|
|Established||26 November 2012|
|Next (higher)||Order of Norton|
|Next (lower)||Service Medal|
The Cross of Independence is an Occidian award, existing during the New European and North American Confederation periods. It was instituted in 2012 to reward meritorious achievements that strengthen New Europe as a whole. It is also awarded if one performs outstanding acts that promote micronationalism as a whole. It's heavily based on the Polish order of the same name with its ribbon mirroring it's previous design. After 2015, it was continued by the North American Confederation under the same guidelines and maintained during the reforms of national orders carried in the beginning of the Oscarine Era.
Classes[edit | edit source]
The award is divided into two classes. The first class cross of the Cross of Independence is suspended by wreath attached to a ribbon with a width of 45mm which is worn around the neck. The ribbon is black with stripes of red near the edges. The ribbon bar of the first class is denoted by a rosette at the center.
The first class is awarded to those who guided the struggle or persisted tirelessly for independence and sovereignty of either the nation itself or micronationalism as a whole with an extraordinary sacrifice and effort.
The second class cross of the Cross of Independence is worn on the left breast suspended from a ribbon with a width of 40 mm, with colors identical to that of the first class. The ribbon bar of the second class is unadorned by any clasp or attachment. The second class is awarded to those who for a significant period of time or in certain circumstances defended the independence of the homeland, fighting for her recovery, or maintaining the functioning of institutions and traditions of the nation or another micronational entity.
Sovereign[edit | edit source]
- Emperor William I, from 26 November 2012 to 07 August 2020;
- Emperor Oscar I, from 07 August 2020 to present.
Recipients[edit | edit source]
- Joseph, King in the Empire;
- Dylan, King in the Empire;
- Arthur II, King of Ebenthal;
- Thomas, King of Quinta Velha;
- Rafael, King of Luna;
- Maria, Princess of Sildavia;
- Leonardo, Sovereign of Villa Alicia;
- David of Klebis, Sovereign of the Order of the Lateran Knights;
- Marco Antonio Rino, President of the Republic of Rino Island;
- Matheus, King of Braspor;
- Lucas, Stadhouder of the United Provinces of Mauritia;
- Peter, King of Schneeblutig;
- Alexander IV, Emperor of Pavlov;
- Jaroslav, Tsesarevych of Pavlov;
- Aaron, King of Eniarku;
- Amanda McCollum;
- Friedrich Albrecht, Archduke of Aurora;
- Nicholas, Grand Duke of Flandrensis;
- Ivan, King of Brienia;
- Dmitri Howie, President of the Commonwealth of Dracul;
- Stephen Luke, Vice-President of the Commonwealth of Dracul;
- Daniel Morris, South Dracul Lieutenant Governor.