Michael, Grand Duke of Nordinsel
|Grand Duke of Nordinsel, Duke of Appinfeldt, Duke of Solisia|
|Portrait of Michael of Appinfeldt, 2018.|
|Reign||7 July 2018 - present|
as Duke of Appinfeldt
|Reign||8 November 2016 - 7 July 2018|
|In office||3 February 2018 - 21 August 2019|
|Predecessor||Thomas of Cumagne|
|6 February 2018 - 20 December 2018|
|Predecessor||Carl, Count Rostrand|
|Born||28 May 1967|
Texas, United States
|Occupation||Ministry of War of Karnia-Ruthenia|
Michael of Appinfeldt, also known as Michael Cessna, is an American micronationalist, former soldier and author. He is the founder of Lemuria and also the first Duke and founder of the Duchy of Appinfeldt and the first Grand Duke of Nordinsel. He was the second Imperial Chancellor of Karnia-Ruthenia and serve as the second Military Governor-General of Hakodate.
Early Life and Micronationalism[edit | edit source]
Michael Cessna was born in United States of America, on 28 May 1967 on the banks of the Ohio River. He says he was born "when men had not yet stood upon the surface of the Moon" in order to do not reveal his age. Being raised across the length and breadth of North America gave him unique insights into the vastness of human cultures and societies, which he brings in full measure to his rule of Appinfeldt, which title he came to via his descent from German and Scottish nobility.
Duke Michael served in the United States Marine Corps for six years, and is an author, columnist, instructor in several fields, and is a long-time security professional.
His first experience in micronationalism was the foundation of the Empire of Lemuria, on 09 September 2001 in response to what was seen as the imminent descent of civilization. In the years since, that has only proven to be all the more prudent. In 2002, he was succeeded by Janna I, as Empress of Lemuria. At this time, he was confirmed in his titles as Captain-General of the Realm and as the Duke of Solisia. Also, during this time, both the Order of Shemsu Heru, as well as the Knights of the Lemurian Sword, were established via Imperial Decree, with Empress Janna I assuming the office of Knight Grand Commander of the Bennu and Michael, becoming Knight Grand Commander of the Lemurian Sword.
In his presence in Karnia-Ruthenia, he performed many activities, as Head of the Imperial General Headquarters, Minister of War and, after the moment known as "Malaise of Cumagne", was made the second Imperial Chancellor of the national history.
On 06 March 2018, he became the Military Governor-General of Hakodate after the one month rule of Carl, Count Rostrand and assumed this office until 20 December 2018 and 07 July 2018, he was elected to be the first Grand Duke of Nordinsel. On August 2019, he was awarded the Order of St. George and the command of the Leibgarde, a very prestigious position in the Imperial and Royal Court.
Titles, styles, honours and arms[edit | edit source]
|Monarchical styles of|
Michael, Grand Duke of Nordinsel
|Reference style||His Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
Titles and styles[edit | edit source]
- 28 May 1967 - 08 September 2001: Mr. Michael de Cessna.
- 09 September 2001 - 2002: His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor of Lemuria, Founder of the Nation.
- 2002 - 07 November 2016: His Royal Highness, the Duke of Solisia, Captain-General of the Realm, Knight Grand Commander of the Lemurian Sword.
- 08 November 2016 - 06 July 2018: His Royal Highness, the Duke of Appinfeldt, Count of Breisgau, Duke of Solisia.
- 03 February 2018 - 30 June 2018: His Excellency, the Imperial Chancellor of Karnia-Ruthenia.
- 07 July 2018 - present: His Royal Highness, the Grand Duke of Nordinsel, Duke of Appinfeldt, Count of Breisgau, Duke of Solisia.
- 06 March 2018 - 20 December 2018: His Excellency, the Governor-General of the Karno-Ruthenian Concession in Hakodate.
Full style[edit | edit source]
His Royal Highness, Michael, Grand Duke of Nordinsel, Duke of Appinfeldt and Count of Breisgau, Duke of Solisia.
Foreign titles[edit | edit source]
Honours[edit | edit source]
Karno-Ruthenian decorations[edit | edit source]
- Knight of the Order of St. Stephen
- Knight First Class of the Order of the Lion
- Knight of the Order of the Edelweiss
- Recipient of the Order of the Black Eagle.
- Knight of the Imperial and Royal Military Order of St. George
Foreign decorations[edit | edit source]
Military Command[edit | edit source]
- Aide-de-camp to the Emperor of Karnia-Ruthenia: 19 November 2015 - present
- Field Marshal of the Imperial and Royal Army: 13 June 2018 - present
- Commander of the Imperial and Royal Leibgarde: 14 August 2019 - present
[edit | edit source]
Published works[edit | edit source]
- Political Ethics in the United States, 2017.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]