Wilhelm von und zu Hochbach
|His Serene Highness|
Wilhelm von und zu Hochbach
Prince Kundarheim and Margrave of Hochbach
|Wilhelm von und zu Hochbach, 2017.|
09 December 2016 - 02 July 2019
27 January 2017 - present
|Born||16 November 1995|
|Spouse(s)||Matthias von Hochbach-Wigmaransz (2018)|
|Alma mater||Rio de Janeiro State University|
Prince Wilhelm von und zu Hochbach, a.k.a. Guilherme Cundari was the first Minister of Justice, one of those responsible for the creation and first president of the Court of Justice as Palatine of the Court of Justice and a nobleman. He is also the most reputed jurist of the Empire, being the principal author of the Imperial Constitution of 2017, since he was the President of the Constitutional Comission. He is also a philosopher, a defender of the Monarchical Restoration in Brazil and co-author of works focused on Brazilian Law. Also, as Head of the Council of Regency, he was the first Reichsverweser, from 29 December 2017 to 05 January 2018.
Micronational life[edit | edit source]
He was appointed on 09 December 2016 to the newly established Ministry of Justice, the governmental body responsible for implementing actions to provide access to justice, to increase confidence in the justice system, and uphold people’s civil rights. In his nomination, the Imperial Decree n. 063-2016 by Oscar I expressed the justification of the choice for the position: a figure of notable juridical knowledge and unquestionable character, being able to administer Justice in the Empire, as well as to undertake the creation of a Court fit for our demands, being a very excellent jurist, of proven quality and very respected.
On 27 January 2017, after a series of audiences with the Emperor-King, Hochbach convinced him to create the Court of Justice, which had him as its first president with the title of Palatine of the Court. Thus, he had the great task of organizing the Judiciary Power of the Empire. The next month, Hochbach had a large participation in a campaign for reforms in government that culminated in the February Manifesto, calling for a modern constitution to be promulgated (until then, the two national constitutions had been granted), and then to modernize the rest of the legislation and subsequently modernize the government.
After an audience of more than five hours with the Emperor-King on the night of 09 February 2017, on the following day the Constitutional Commission was established. Presided by Hochbach, the commission was formed by Nicolas Grangier, the former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Christian of Letzembourg, Grand Duke of Letzembourg and Thomas of Cumagne, the King of Cumagne. The works of the Comission ended on 31 July 2017.
For his works to the Empire and loyalty to the Emperor, he was made "Prince of Wigmaransz" on 03 August 2017, title that was made extinct in the following year when Oscar I created the House of Hochbach-Kundarheim and creating the new title of Prince Kundarheim.
During the Democratic Manifestations of November 2018, Hochbach insisted on defending the Constitution against the political leaders of the Patriotic Party who called for the convening of elections by the end of the year and put forward his arguments in a long meeting mediated by the Emperor. After make possible the general elections of 2019, he renounced his position as Minister of Justice on 02 July 2018, being succeeded by Johannis Sauerbronn.
Titles, styles and honours[edit | edit source]
Titles and styles[edit | edit source]
- 16 November 1995 - 07 December 2016: Mr. Wilhelm von Hochbach.
- 08 December 2016 - 02 August 2017: His Illustrious Highness, Wilhelm, Margrave of Hochbach.
- 03 August 2017 - 29 June 2018: His Serene Highness, Wilhelm, Prince of Wigmaransz and Margrave of Hochbach.
- 29 December 2017 - 05 January 2018: His Serene Highness, the Regent of Karnia-Ruthenia.
- 30 June 2018 - present: His Serene Highness, Wilhelm, Prince von und zu Hochbach-Kundarheim and Margrave of Hochbach.
Karno-Ruthenian decorations[edit | edit source]
- Knight of the Order of St. Stephen
- Officer of the Order of the Crown of Cumagne
- Recipient of the Order of Legislative Merit
- Knight of the Order of St. Peter
- Knight of the Order of the Edelweiss
Published works[edit | edit source]
- Os Grandes Julgamentos da História, 2018.
References[edit | edit source]
- ENTREVISTAS #001 - Monarquia: para o Brasil de hoje, com Guilherme Cundari, 26 February 2020.
- "Imperial Decree n. 063-2016", 09 December 2016.
- Imperial Decree n. 076-2017, which establishes the Constitutional Commission, 10 February 2017.
- Os Grandes Julgamentos da História, by José Roberto de Castro Neves and others.